My Life’s Work’s foremost goal in its consulting work is to support an organization and its leadership in building a workforce that demonstrates excellence and engagement.
Mimi Darmstadter views the “contract” between employer and employee , between leaders and the workforce as a two-way agreement in which both parties play a pivotal role in cultivating high performance and exemplary workplace experiences. Her work with organizations facilitates the equity and excellence in the fulfillment of this contract.
Mimi’s consulting engagements fall under a number of broad categories:
- managerial effectiveness during critical milestones in the employee pipeline (e.g. talent selection, performance, development)
- team building with an emphasis in understanding a work group’s collective and individual member strengths, opportunities for development, and behavioral styles
- executive or leadership team work to define and embody its values and the organization’s culture
- retreats for strategic planning and team building
The cure for anything is salt water – tears, sweat, or the sea.
Sample engagements include:
- defining and embedding leadership and workforce competencies into an organizational culture,
- providing training to managers on competency-based interviewing and then supporting organizations in systemizing the selection process,
- developing an on-boarding program for new hires,
- designing and facilitating “beginners” and “advanced” workshops on performance management including the skills that both supervisors and their direct reports need to support effective formal and informal performance conversations,
- building an in-house mentoring program,
- facilitating a mult-day retreat for members of an intact management team who seek to perform effectively across diverse work styles while leveraging individual strengths,
- partnering with organizational leadership to address morale issues,
- re-imagining organizational culture using the Collective Leadership Assessment, and
- designing in-house programs that support professional-personal integration (work-life balance) and workforce well-being
- training leaders on cultivating and modeling a feedback culture
Please contact Mimi if you seek to build upon the promise of your organization and its individual employees.