In any coaching or consulting relationship, fit is critical to a successful partnership.
So…here is some background information about Mimi…
- She holds a dual BA from the University of Michigan in Psychology and Creative Writing and a Master’s Degree in Social Service Administration (e.g. social work) from the University of Chicago.
- She was the recipient of a Hopwood Underclassman Fiction Writing Award.
- She completed Georgetown University’s Leadership Coaching program and is a certified coach through the International Coach Federation (ICF).
- She brings over 20 years of experience in Human Resources (recruitment, learning and performance), spanning non-profit, government, and corporate environments.
- She is certified in numerous self- and 360-assessments. Her favorites include DiSC, the EQi 2.0, the ESCI, and the SVSS. All are suitable for both individual and organizational awareness- and capacity-building.
- Before launching her own business in 2008, Mimi was the Senior Manager of Training and Development at Covance Inc.
- She is a fitness enthusiast as evidenced by teaching “cycling” indoor classes for nine years and her regular cardio and yoga regimen.
- She has two teenage sons – ages 18 and 15.
- She finds inspiration in color, quotes, and nature.
- Her hobbies include fiction and non-fiction writing, photography (as evidenced by this site’s imagery), creating beautiful spaces at home, hosting memorable celebrations, and independent film binging.
- She chairs Walt Whitman High School’s StressBusters Committee.
Facts never tell one’s entire story…
What the biographical sketch can’t convey is Mimi’s passion for helping people experience BOTH success AND satisfaction in their work, however they define that “work.” She believes that nothing is more important than work fulfillment, particularly at a time when it requires higher levels of investment than ever before and, at a time, when life outside of one’s job is also demanding and deserving of attention.
Further, Mimi believes that organizations can and do play a critical role in the employee experience. Nothing excites her more than helping an organization invest in its workforce in positive and sustainable ways.
Supporting an individual’s or an organization’s goals for workplace empowerment, excellence, and engagement matters most to her.
Please contact her for more information.